Thursday, March 6, 2008
Save the Date
In the last two weeks I received 3 save the date cards from friends who apparently are getting married. I suppose I understand that in order to have people attend the wedding they must save the date and what better way than a magnet with your picture or a nice little card. I personally feel that save the date cards have another meaning. I believe the less noticed message of these cards would be the "I have a man and you don't" message with a little "Another invitation reminding you of this to follow" I realize that people in general are not horrible enough to really send it for that reason, but why must you inform me twice about the same event? If we are really friends I will have heard it from you and then get the invitation. This whole save the date thing is just unnecessary. So if hypothetically someone accidentally gets stuck with me for life...you will not be receiving a save the date card. And if you do it will say on it: "I finally have a man and sorry for those of you who don't!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment