Sunday, March 23, 2008

Damaged

Here I am a week into my 24th year of life and I guess so far it's pretty good. I spent my birthday with some fun people in Des Moines so that was excellent! The only issue thus far has been the breaking down of my body. I am pretty sure that I am starting to feel my oldness. Let's take for example the exact day I turned 24 and how during the actual hour I was born I injured myself. I will set up the scene for you: the week before my birthday (when I was still 23) I may have let out to the school children that I can jump over my own foot, which is an amazing talent. So that week I jumped over my feet quite a few times with NO problems. So on Sunday I decided to show off my skills, but I forgot that by this point I was truly 24. I jumped one foot...all is going well, but when I go for the other foot I happen to come down on my ankle and it just went out. Girl down. It wasn't exactly a fall it was more like a stumble but it was still very upsetting. I hope my 24th year brings a few more fun surprises but with a little less injury!

No comments: