Saturday, July 26, 2008

Don't wish, don't start - Wishing only wounds the heart

After the previous blog and then my continuing semi-disappointing life lately I have decided that apparently I need to make an effort to actually be positive. More like I need to figure out what I like about myself so I don't doubt if I'm good enough whenever anything not so good goes on. So this list might look a little like I'm obsessed with myself, but really I have a hard time thinking of good things about myself. This would be my lack of self confidence which many find annoying about me.

Reasons I should like myself:
1. Apparently I have a good personality. I would say that I am funny and can be entertaining. I have heard from people that I am a good storyteller. The problem with this list thing is that for every good thing I can think of a few bad things about the good one. My personality pretty much gets me nowhere, but that's not thinking positive so I will stop.
2. I am not completely hideous to look at. It's unfortunate that looks have so much to do with what people think about themselves. I don't want to care what I look like or what people think of my looks, but how can you not? If they think you aren't worth looking at then they generally don't take the time to get to know your personality. There are things I like about my appearance. I enjoy my hair, my eyes, and my hands. That's pretty much it.

I'm tired of thinking about myself now so that's the whole list at the moment. It's kind of a pathetic attempt actually. Oh well.

As the summer continues I am beginning to really think that I need a therapist and that many people I know could also use a little help. At the beginning of summer I thought I was pretty issue free, but obviously I am not. They were just hidden for awhile waiting for the right situation to make them come out all crazily!

No comments: