Monday, December 10, 2007

Icy Spots and Christmas Sweaters

This is how it goes with my obsessions. I am all about it for a week or so and then I forget that I'm obsessed with it. So I'm going to try to become re-obsessed with blogging. Here we go.
Last Thursday I was leaving my house as I usually do, but unfortunately I forgot that the stairs had about an inch of very slippery ice on them. I stepped onto the 2nd stair and with one slip fell down the next two, sliding across the cement sidewalk and ending up in the snow. I laughed and then noted that I had somehow landed on my right ring finger with all my body weight so that finger was pretty much out of commission for the next few days. It has since healed and now the only wounds left are the bruises on my left elbow. Oh how I love winter.
On Saturday I attended an Ugly Christmas Sweater party at Shane's house. I wasn't feeling the best so I stuck to water most of the night, but I did come in second for ugliest sweater in the girls category. It was a good time!!
I stayed home sick from school today because apparently I am one of those sickly people who never really gets over illnesses. I started feeling sick on Saturday but thought I could still attend the party, probably not the smartest idea. Sunday I pretty much slept and graded papers. This morning I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a bus after falling down the stairs. My eyes were stuck shut, I couldn't stop coughing, and my nose was completely clogged. I figured it would be best for all involved for me to just stay home. Of course I always feel really guilty staying home like I'm lying, even when I know I'm not. It's very strange. So I hope the kids did ok without me and that Dan (the principal) doesn't just think I have some long hangover.
Also I watched Holiday in Handcuffs on the family channel last night and I love it. Mario Lopez can smile at me with those dimples any time!

No comments: