I found that quote on my Sister calendar that Kathryn gave me for Christmas. Although she was not known for her intellect I think Marilyn has a great idea there! I have had an incredibly busy last week and this coming week and during my hectic schedule I came to the conclusion that I am happy with the person I am. Not to say that I can't continue to improve myself because obviously I'm not perfect, but I guess I just like the person I seem to be becoming. This whole being in the real world for a little while now has taught me a lot about myself. I went through a big phase during part of this year where I felt like I was pretty much going to be single forever and that the next step in my life needed to be a relationship. I am now rethinking that idea and realizing that it will happen if it's supposed to. Although this whole love business has happened to many of my friends already, that doesn't mean it's my time at any point in the near future. I'm just going to have to wait and it will either happen or it won't. Either way I have a good life and there are many positives to being a single person. Let's just take a look at some that I can think of at this moment...
1. Right now I have my music blaring and I don't have to worry about if someone else would prefer to listen to something else. I love Heart!
2. I plan to watch the ABC Family movie Princess tonight, this does not seem like a male movie, but luckily I don't have to worry about sharing the tv.
3. Since I live alone I don't have to worry about someone else using all the hot water during a shower. I can use it all!
4. At this point most of my students think I'm this exciting mystery person (well sort of) and if I were married that would really take the mystery away. That's not one of my better reasons it just came to mind.
Moving on to my general thoughts about marrying early in life:
--Let's think about this: If you get married around the age of 24 you have so much less time to just think about yourself and be selfish. I guess that being selfish isn't really a good thing, but if it's indulging yourself and learning more about yourself without someone else's opinions thrown in there then I feel like being selfish is ok?!
--Also if you get married in your early 20s just think how long you are stuck with that person. I mean that's just scary. FOREVER?! That is quite a long time. This way I'll have less time to get tired of someone.
Something I never want to lose no matter if I'm in a relationship or not is knowing that by myself I can be fabulous. I don't need someone else around to tell me or to make me feel like I matter. I matter. The world would probably not notice if I were one day missing, but I think enough people would that I can feel like my presence has meant something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was deep and meaningful.
I liked it.
I love you.
Post a Comment