On my last post I wrote something about being single and being able to take a hot shower whenever I want to. I was wrong. The morning after I wrote that I woke up to a cold shower. Apparently my water heater broke which left me with not just cold water but arctic temperature water. Of course this started off my morning badly and I yelled at a few kids in the beginning of the day. Then I had to call around to get someone to come look at the problem. In the process I remembered how much I hate being a grown up. I mean I like most things, but getting help from others is not my thing. Anyway, I called all around and pretty much no one was any help and I kept calling my dad to ask stupid questions because I get nervous in adult situations. Unfortunately I'm already quite stressed this week (musical this weekend) and instead of just figuring it will work out. I definitely broke down in tears while on the phone with my dad...and yes this is during the last 5 minutes of my prep period. Luckily only one child noticed my red eyes and I told her lots of things were wrong, but that I would survive. My dad came today and installed a new water heater! I love my dad!!
In other news...today I made the sophomores do this activity where they each had a character from To Kill a Mockingbird and they had to ask each other questions and then answer as if they were their character. So pretty much it was a role play activity. I assumed it would go horribly since they are not so into doing what they're supposed to. I almost didn't do the activity, but then I decided that I shouldn't figure they can't do things...I should at least try it. The good news is that two of the periods did awesome!! It was hilarious to hear their answers and especially their southern accents! They got really into it and thought they needed to speak in a southern accent the rest of the day. Oh kids. Moral of the story: it doesn't hurt to try new things, sometimes it can surprise you how well it can go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment