Sunday, January 27, 2008

Singlness

I'm not sure that the word singlness is a word or that it would be spelled like that. Back to the real subject...I had a weekend visit to Des Moines where I realized that I am one of the only single people left in the world. Ok, so not the whole world but that's sort of what it felt like. After a nice 2.5 hour drive I am feeling much better about my life. I have decided not to be upset about being unmarried/having no love of a lifetime until I'm 26. So I have a few more years until I completely panick and need psychological help. Yippy for all the people who do have their love, but I can wait for someone who is perfect for me and maybe it's just not the time.

Another lovely thing I read about this weekend that helped my mid-20s weekend crisis was a little article in Time magazine that I read which said:
Marry me...Say yes, and you're in for more than love, children and a home. Better health and a longer life are part of the deal...
So now I know that if I don't find someone I will most likely not live as long as my married friends.

No comments: