Monday, January 7, 2008

Our Song

So at this moment I'm listening to Taylor Swift sing Our Song, which (although it is country) is a cute song. Generally, I dislike country but occasionally I will enjoy a song. I admit it.

Today the music teacher and I cast the musical. It's such a big deal because it's really important to these kids. I just remember when I tried out for high school musicals and how disappointed I was when I didn't get the part I wanted. Slightly different since I didn't always think the leads deserved their parts. I really considered that when I was picking people, I made sure they were kids who deserved what they were getting and who would appriciate it. They are also kids who I won't mind spending extra time with. Life is about to get busy!

Being a girl is NOT all it's cracked up to be. Actually at this moment I'm not sure what the positives are?

Things that are constantly annoying about being a girl:
  • obviously the visit from Aunt Flow monthly isn't the best -- also not looking forward to the "miracle of birth" -- Bleck!
  • getting up early enough to try to look nice daily -- doing hair, makeup, and trying to match
  • always feeling like I should eat less or work out -- I just don't want to but that doesn't mean I don't feel like that's a flaw.
  • constantly analyzing men -- wouldn't it be nice to not realize what was going on around me instead of noticing every little bitty thing? Sometimes I'd like to be the one playing the "oblivious" card.
  • it's always worse for a girl to be single than a boy -- it's like boys choose to be single, but girls are just losers who can't find someone. Maybe I like being on my own. Is it possible that I like finding out what I want from life before I share it with someone?

Those are just a few of my annoyances right now. I'm sure I could come up with more if I didn't need to go to bed! :)

1 comment:

kmr said...

Nice wording, Jess. I'm trying to figure out how to say "right on" without sounding stupid. I can't quite get it right.