Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Perspective

** I wrote this last week and then saved it instead of posting it. So it's a week late.

I am generally overdramatic about the problems that I have in my life or the the problems I think I have. I usually realize this even while I'm freaking out about something that doesn't really matter. I always know deep down that it isn't as bad as I think it is.



This weekend there was a car accident involving a wrestling coach and some wrestlers from a nearby high school. Normally this would just be a story that I hear on the news and think is sad, only this time the coach is a friend of mine. Our new business teacher this year coaches for Westwood and on Saturday he was driving some of his wrestlers to Mapleton to a clinic and a van crossed over the center line and they ended up having a head on collision. Dan and 5 wrestlers were taken to the Sioux City hospital. At this point they are all still alive and recovering. When I first heard about the accident I had alittle break down because sometimes I feel like I can't get away from death. I know that there are many people who have lost loved ones, but I have definitely had my fair share of loss. I haven't known Dan for very long, but in the short time I have known him I really like him. I kept thinking about when I left school on Friday and passed him in the hallway. I couldn't remember if I said bye or not...it doesn't matter now because he will be fine, but it was just one of those moments where I realized again how short life can be. It's not that I have ever thought I was invincible, but I sometimes forget that the future doesn't always happen for everyone. I am going to try really hard to stop freaking out about things that obviously don't matter. This will be VERY hard for me but I really think that it's probably a good idea to be slightly more positive. From this point on I will make an effort to try!

No comments: