Friday, January 23, 2009
Can't help but love them.
Lately I have been thinking about my students and the sort of feelings I have toward them. (This is in no way going in a creeper teacher direction) Most of the time I feel like they are annoying and drive me nuts, but lately I've been really thinking about how much I care about them. Obviously there are a few that truly do drive me nuts and most of the time I wish I could lock them in a little closet so I can be with the ones I like all the time, but I'd say that right now I enjoy about 95% of them. I think I've been noticing this because I've been teaching almost three whole years now and I've seen the seniors now go from crazy/ridiculous sophomores to people ready to leave school and go out on their own. I am really going to miss a lot of the senior class. It's so crazy how much growing up goes on between their sophomore and senior year. I still feel that sophomore year is the worst year of high school. This kind of makes me feel old since I'm watching kids grow up, but it's nice to see kids change for the better throughout their high school careers. At this point in my life I am glad to have a job that is semi-crazy. I enjoy that I don't know what each day will hold. I like the fact that they are sometimes silly and just make me smile. (even when I sometimes I know I shouldn't) I hope that I brighten their days as much as they sometimes brighten mine. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to call you my sister.
Post a Comment