Today I experienced life without electricity. I did not enjoy it. First I woke up around 4:00 am to a loud thunder storm and a lack of alarm clock. I went back to sleep and when I woke up for real around 7am the electricity was still out. It did not come back on until 9:40am. This means that I went to school today with makeup that was put on in the dark and hair that looked like crap. If you know me at all I do not leave my house without makeup and fixed hair. I don't nessessarily look beautiful all the time, but I at least attempt to not look like hell. Today I had no choice in the matter. The really unfortunate part is that not only did I look like crap, but with the job I have I get to be watched by about 150 kids per day. So I was scrutinized all day abotu why I looked tired and why my hair was up in a ponytail. Obviously I didn't have a choice kiddies...I never wear my hair up...this was not a fashion statement. I am now much more thankful for electricity and the joy it brings to my life. Thank you to all the people who made this possible for me! I love you Benjamin Frankling and Thomas Edison!
On a side note...I wish people who wanted to be my friend would put forth a bit more effort in that department. Why am I always the person calling someone? Is it impossible for other people to call or write to me? Am I that far out of people's thoughts that they can't simply write a little hello to me or have a chat? I realize that I have a semi-nonexciting life, but really everyone else can't be that busy. If you want to take the time and be someone's friend you take the time. Or you are a not very good friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I usually read your blogs from my google reader so I don't know how long ago you changed your picture but I LIKE IT.
Also your adventures from today made me laugh... I mean cry because I was so distraught about your bad hair!
Post a Comment